Thursday, October 25, 2007

Half full

Someone mentioned "half full" during a conversation. I did not expect this phrase had any optimistic meanings at the beginning. I thought it meant a person needed to be modest not to show off or not to draw others' attention (like a half bottle making noisy sounds all the times). But the true meaning this person meant was way off than what I had in mind.

The person said "I am a half full type. I always look at the full part instead of the empty part. If something occurs, I will not see what I lack first. I tend to think positively. I look at what I have achieved first and then think what I need to do next. This attitude makes my life more manageable. This attitude makes me calm. This attitude allows me to accumulate my momentum and solve problems more quickly. This attitude helps me navigate through tough situations."

I'd like to share this positive thinking with all of you.