Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Organic produce distributors

You are what you eat
An old saying. And I start to believe it.

I did not care much about my meals. As long as they are tasty, I did not pay attention on the nutrition side. Until this year... I heard people talked about organic more and more. Before, I thought organic was just a marketing slogan. Just a new way to promote products. Just a new touch to attract educated people. Just another way to justify your expenditure. I was cynical.

I met more and more people eating organic food. Some people were picky and would just want to purchase organic produce regardless of its price. People like my sister will replace their toothpaste with organic toothpaste. I am not sure how manufacturers produce organic toothpaste. I just knew the organic toothpaste used less petroleum and used more natural ingredients. I tried the organic toothpaste once. I felt the same. Anyhow, my sister was happy with her organic toothpaste.

In a friend gathering, people talked about fresh produce distribution. I heard you could get fresh food produced from Sonoma Valley once a week. You could not choose specific produce combination. But you could say what you would dislike. They would just give you what was available. The produce was seasonal. They delivered to your home once a week.

I suddenly wanted to try fresh produce. I knew it is not economic for people like me to subscribe this kind. Because I barely cook. But, it is for the health. You are what you eat. I am afraid this saying is true.

I found a website that might help you if you also want to try organic fresh produce.