Friday, November 16, 2007

Detour

A way to avoid 101 traffic

Traffic became worse these days. I did not like being stuck on 101 (who would like it?)

I got stuck on 101 Embarcadero ramp. I was not on 101 yet but already became a victim of the traffic jam. I suddenly had a thought - how about take El Camino to work? It was a crazy idea. I went back to Embarcadero and thought of my options hard. Would El Camino be a good option? I may have many traffic lights and may lose more time on waiting. Then, da la la. I saw Middlefield. How about trying Middlefield? Middlefield should allow me to go at least Willow Rd. Good thinking.

I made a turn and drove on the narrow Middlefield. It was not a short way. I was careful since I never took this way to Willow. I paid attention on each cross road. I saw Halmiton, University, and knew I was on the right direction. I continued and saw Willow was ahead. I was glad to see it. I went on Willow and after a while I saw 101 sign.

Before I went on 101, I glanced at the traffic. OMG. Pretty packed. I gave myself a precaution. It turned out the way I saw was on the south bound. I was taking the north bound. The north bound was ok good. I arrived at the office 10 min late compared to the normal schedule.

Middlefield is a way to avoid traffic on 101. If your commute is similar to mine, you can give Middlefield a shut.