Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pan Tao dim sum

Some dim sum is quite nice

Saturday I went there with Navaline and Laurent. I was told this restaurant serves nice dim sum, better than Dynasty. So, I was curious and interested in trying it. The restaurant was quite full when I arrived. I took a number and waited for 15 min before I was led to the table.

I sit down and was surprised to see so many waiters and waitresses coming toward me. The pace here was fast. They asked you what you wanted to drink, what you wanted to order. They showed you their carts. Plenty of food. I waved them out since I did not want to eat first. I preferred ordering after everyone arrived.

Tea was strong. I ordered "Po Lay" (excuse me for the translation). After Navaline and Laurent sit, we started to order. We took shrimp wrapped with napa cabbage. This was very good. Moist and tasty. I only saw this in Pan Tao.

We also ordered pan fried chive dumpling (juicy and tasty), shrimp wrapped by big wide noodles (sauce was perfect), shrimp dumpling, scallop dumpling (nice choice), turnip cake (greasy and tasteless), pork and shrimp wrapped by bean curd (not tasty enough), deep fried shrimp and banana wrap (banana? interesting), and sweet barn with custard cream inside. Navaline was surprised to see its filling. She said this one was the most filling barn she had ever had. She highly recommended this barn.

Overall, this place is worthy to come over and over. However, this place doesn't have much variety. So, if you are small appetite person, this place is a good choice for you. But, may not be a good choice if you want to go there with more than 5 people. You will need to order identical dishes over and over.

Location:
1696 S Wolfe Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94087