Thursday, January 10, 2008

The best gadget in Consumer Electronics Show - II

Your GPS can find a parking space for you. How does it sound to you? At least for me it is a terrific idea. In CES 2008, Dash Navigation has drawn lots of attention. GPS devices are more and more popular nowadays. The GPS devices on the market are not only able to tell where to go, but also to tell you how to go there smartly. Some GPS devices can also be used as mp3 players or radio stations. But not many people need these features. At least not me. Dash's ideas caught my eye. Among these ideas, I like the parking space and fuel price ones the most. Parking space idea is quite practical especially for city residents or city visitors. I live not far away from San Francisco. But I don't visit it often. Why? Because parking is intimidating. If my GPS can guide me to find a parking space, I may come visit San Francisco more frequently. Another interesting point is that Dash can tell you where to find a cheaper gas station. As the petroleum price goes up, a feature like finding a cheaper gas station becomes more demanding. I would love to see how Dash handles these features.

Source: Consumer Electronics Show