Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New year eve party

An unforgettable countdown

Whoever sees this sub-header may let her/his imagination goes wild due to the term "unforgettable". My 2008 New Year Eve was sort of wild. With transsexual performers (my first time in person). But, not that wild. The night was special, at least for me.

Janice called me in the afternoon and asked me if I was interested in a San Francisco party. Given my super free schedule, a party sounded perfect. So, I gave a positive answer to her. We took off around 8 and arrived at a friend's house around 9. (the friend is friend's friend's friend) We were the first guest group to arrive. The house was absolutely used for parties quite frequently. Two stories, many spacious rooms, loud music, approachable garden (you can walk out any time you want if you want to breath some fresh air), and all you can drink alcohol. I am not an alcohol person. Normally I don't drink. For this occasion, but, I got a cup of cocktail (Andrew, Janice's friend, made this for me). Not too strong. Did not smell alcohol. Something acceptable for my low alcohol tolerance stomach. The decoration was quite holiday. Many tinkling stuff and tons of balloons. The hosts must have spent tons of time on preparing this can and stocking party (this was this party's official name).

More and more people came. I met lots of friends through Janice and Andrew. Andrew seemed to know the majority of guests. Amazing. Through conversations, I found out most guests are either Stanford alumni or MIT alumni. Interesting. Around 11 PM, Janice told me we should go to Asia SF since some of her friends will be there. I was told some transsexual people would be there. Neither Janice nor I had ever seen transsexual people in person. We were excited. Amy's boy friend came to the house for us and then drove us to the club. Asia SF was super crowded. The entry floor had a professional transsexual performer. We did not stay there long since friends were waiting downstairs. The basement was insanely crowded. I felt I was in a human heat generator. The heat was not all from the heating system but mostly from the guests (not gas). Music was super loud. I could not talk to friends without shouting, yelling, screaming. After 30 min, Janice's friends called. So we went upstairs. Stephanie and Reilie arrived. We four people decided to go back to the house party. Fun conversations were non-stop in the car. Around the countdown, since we had not found a parking space, we were counting down in the car. Not that disappointing though. Since we could see fireworks through the rear windshield. The fireworks were quite pretty.

The house party was still on going. The entry level was not filled with people. So, it gave me illusion that lots of people were gone. When we went downstairs, here they were. All people went downstairs for fun. Loud music, projected image, lighting, and drinking. We had a better chance of knowing other guests. Interesting. I guessed alcohol and atmosphere opened up the communications. We left the party around 2:30. I had not party for that late for a long time.