Thursday, October 16, 2008

Articulate your thoughts

The same words. I have asked myself over 100 times since yesterday. I realize that I have not done a good job on articulating my thoughts. At many occasions. I sensed something but ignored it. I had some thoughts but just let them disappeared. I disagreed something and yet kept silent. I was intrigued by some conversations and had some opinion and yet just stood there quietly. I spoke up before the thoughts got clear. I explained and yet just further confused people. I said something but lead the other to a wrong direction. I started talking but the conversation became a debate. I made the conversation less efficient and more confusing. Why? Because I did not articulate my thoughts. I used to excuse that to a few reasons. It was because I was not proficient in this language. It was because the meeting attendees were aggressive and did not give me a chance to express. It was... Are they true reasons? I know sometimes it is personality. Some people were born with good skills to articulate their thoughts. I am not one of them. I tend to make loose points. Will keep asking myself the same question help me improve?