Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Polk audio

I am so happy that I made a good choice on my speaker hunting. Polk Audio. I was not and still ain't speaker savvy. I don't know what brands are good and what features are essential. What I relied on was reviews from shoppers and suggestions from friends. I was suggested with some web sites. I carefully read the reviews. Made notes. Went to various web sites to compare the prices and features. Nonetheless, some knowledge can't be picked up right away. The watt, frequency, multiple way, and function thing look like physics to me. Well, 10 years ago I was quite good at this subject but now any easy physics question can beat me easily. Luckily I have some friends are amateurs. We went to local stores to experience the quality of the tower speakers. The field trip was exciting. Walked around and looked at the variety. I think I was excited as a school girl going to see some exotic animals. Sounds all are amazing. But my friends sometimes dampened my zeal by saying this is crappy. Guess good ears obtained through training. We later on focused on two Polk Audio speakers. I honestly was just a normal person with normal ears. I tried at least 10 times and yet couldn't distinguish the sounds from A speaker to B speaker. Given the needs and budget, I got the A speaker. The night we tried them at a friend's place. The sound was so beautiful. So beautiful that I wanted to hug the speakers.