Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Purple noodles

It's interesting to see noodles become purple. I start liking cooking. Yesterday I cooked something with red wine. With over night marination, everything inside the pot turned to a nice purple color. Smelled promising. I patiently cooked it for around one hour. The air was saturated with rich wine aroma. I did not have pressure cooker so I was afraid of the result. Besides, I did not know how long I was supposed to cook it without a pressure cooker. I checked the pot once a while. The hardcore carrots after a long simmering gave up and became suitable for eating. The tough onions turned themselves in too. I was satisfied with the result. The dinner was good. With a good beverage, three dishes made a good dinner. After the nice dinner, I cooked some noodles. To make a lunch box. This morning when I took the lunch box out, I saw the noodles became purple. Interesting. A very interesting color. The immersed noodles look quite happy inside the lunch box. So, I think I will be happy to eat the lunch box too. At noon, I heated up the box. I was anxious. Eager to see the result. Opened the box. Aroma remained good. Noodles stayed strong. Nice. I tried some. Very nice. If any thing was not perfect, then it must be the color.