Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brooklyn

This New York - Connecticut trip is enjoyable. The first stop was New York City. I have been New York City a few times. Each time I got something unforgettable. The first time, I booked a ticket with wrong dates. When I realized it, my departure flight was already gone. I paid twice airfare. The surprise was not over yet. When I was strolling around the Central Park, I stopped by an ATM and realized my bank account was intruded by an identity theft. The joy vanished. I had to spend one hour on the phone to get things clear. I still remember where I sit around the Central Park. You can imagine. Having this unforgettable memory, this time, before I booked the ticket, I checked the dates over and over. Yet, still a myth, at the time I clicked the confirm, the dates turned to be incorrect. Luckily the booking was still at the internal stage. I was able to have a travel agent to revise my travel. Of course before I went on the trip, I was worried to have a financial crisis like last time. So I checked all accounts and transactions. Every thing seemed fine. Due to my friend's busy schedule, I took the Air Train and Subway to her place. She lives in Brooklyn. Brooklyn, for some reasons, I thought it was a sketchy place. Yet, Brooklyn is a very great place to hang out. I got off at the Jay St - Borough Hall station. The sky was dark but the street looks so energetic. Surprised me. Many shops on the side: restaurants, bakeries, bars, florists, and lounges. All looked cool. If I was not carrying my heavy luggage, I'd visit every cute store on Smith, the street off the station. Just a window shopping was still a joy. All the small shops try hard to attract customers. The looking, the decoration, the music, and the atmosphere, wow, I was so glad to be there. I was happy to visit Brooklyn. This area is absolutely a trendy place.