Monday, November 3, 2008

SAW V

First I need to say it loud that I am not a horror movie person. I am not into this type. I am so chicken. I always close my eyes when something super unwanted or disgusting or bloody or scary is going to come. If you look at my previous movie articles, you saw I have seen SAW I, SAW II, and SAW IV. I think it was the creativity that attracts me to see this series. The SAW I ending surprised me a lot. I would say the script writer is a genius. The second one is good too. The fourth one is a bit disgusting especially the last 10 min. The fifth one is just fine in my opinion. Perhaps it is just me. The preview time before the movie was super long. All the trailers in the preview time were horrible or creepy. I asked myself why I am here? What's wrong with me to come to see the movie? I felt so uneasy when looked at the big screen with disgusting scenes. The movie started. The starting scene was as usual quite scary. A new torture device. Then the story lead us back to the ending of the forth one. We knew the FBI agent somehow got caught by the new Jigsaw and put into a torture device. Smart or witty, he saved himself by opening a hall in his throat. You see, quite horrible. The story went on and 50% of the movie was retro. Trying to give the linkage between puzzles left in previous episodes. The story in this new release is weaker than previous episodes. My body was so tensed during the movie. I regretted to come right after the first torture device. Don't get me wrong though. The reason I regretted was because I felt so uncomfortable with horror movie. Not because of the weak or bad taste of the scenes. Overall, I would say the movie is not bad. The ending was interesting. Not too many people would predict the ending. Good to watch if you like to scare yourself to death.