Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Watched the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" yesterday. I didn't know I would like it that much. The movie was to talk about Joel and Clem. They met in Monhauk at the Valentine's day. The impulsive personality of Clem created a lot of drama and then, at a point, Clem decided to erase the memory of Joel from her, few days before the Valentine. The stranger attitude from Clem hurt Joel a lot, of course at that time Joel didn't know the memory erasing part. Joel decided to erase the memory of Clem from him and we started to understand these two from the flashbacks. The most touchy moment for me was that at the time Joel and Clem in Joel's head realized they were short of time because the tracking device was right after them to take out Clem from Joel's head. Clem asked Joel "It's gonna be short. What should we do?" in a house next to the seashore. Joel said "Just enjoy it." The moment, at that moment, I knew I will remember this movie for a long time.

I also love its theme song "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes". "Open your heart, look around you, and it will astound you". I want to visit Monhauk.