Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Math

This was solved before

Packing is more than handling physical objects. During packing you can unveil old memories too. A box in the garage was neglected at the beginning. I was reminded to open it. I looked into this box. Surprisingly saw some memories. A proof that lead me to a far away kingdom. One of it is a math problem. As follows.

Three safari hunters are captured by a sadistic tribe of natives and forced to participate in a duel to the death. Each is given a pistol and tied to a post the same distance from the other two. They must take turns shooting at each other, one shot per turn. The worst shot of the three hunters (1 in 3 accuracy) must fire first. The second turn goes to the hunter with 50-50 (1 in 2) accuracy. If he's still alive the third turn goes to the crack shot (1 in 1 accuracy). The rotation continues until only one hunter remains, who is then rewarded with freedom. Which hunter has the best chance of surviving, and why?

I saw my note saying, Be the best otherwise your life would be shorter than others. I was brilliant.