Friday, October 26, 2007

$799 irons

Is this price reasonable?

The more frequently I practiced the more often I check Golf clubs. I was asked to have a Costco golf set. Totof got one from Costco. He likes his set and apparently his skills have got advanced exponentially since then. Costco golf set is much cheaper. Just $250. Compared to Callaway, Taylormade, Titleist, 250 is a good deal.

But, if you get a Costco set, you will need to replace your Costco set with a high-end one once you advance to pro level. So, I don't know. Should I get a Costco set and practice with it? Should I spend $799 or so for a big name set? My skills are not that good enough for 18 holes. If I got a good set. I may just age some clubs since I will not have a chance to play with them. Then, would it be better to just spend 250 and sharp my skills first?

But, I don't like heavy clubs. I like something lighter. I prefergraphite than steel. Costco male set does not come with graphite. I assume Costco female set is the the same thing.

Ok, maybe I just try hard to get excuses not to get a Costco set. I think I already know the answer.