Friday, October 26, 2007

Ski in Heavenly

Heavenly, one of my favorite ski resorts

Some ski beginners never returned to ski. But, not me. I am so into ski.

My first ski experience was in January 2005. Friends and I went to Alpine. I recall it was Joseph who organized the trip. We beginners had a ski lesson. A group ski lesson. Did not think the lesson helped at all. We learned ski through practices.

We were all on a Green line. You saw several people from our group ski down fast. Not because we were good. No. Just because we did not know how to stop. We stopped when we fell. Not painful at all. Pretty excited.

At that day, I knew I would come back. I did. In the same season, I fulfilled this prediction many times.

Second time, I went to Heavenly with some other friends. These people were all good skiers. They did not have sympathy on beginners. They all said I did not need to start from Green. Blue would do. (I realized the truth at a later time - they just did not want to ski on Green) I did not know it was a trap. So I went to a Blue line with them with confidence.

A big OOPS

By no means I would arrive the end of the track without any fall. I had some very nice or impressive falls on this warm-up. But the frustration did not stop me. I continued skiing on other tracks. Green tracks. After one day, my body was so sore.

We planned to ski two days in a row. So, I needed to reduce my soreness at first night. I did not do it well. The second morning, I was barely able to lift my thighs. But I did not give up. I learned things from yesterday. I wanted to practice my skills. Haha. Amazing spirit.

On second day, I felt exhausted so quickly. Just after 1 hour ski I was super exhausted. So I paused. The view in Heavenly was great. You saw the snow, the trees, and the lake contribute to a harmonious picture. The tranquilness freshed my body.

After two days, my body preferred staying in a log condition. Why? Because the static motion was the best motion for my over-challenged body.