Thursday, October 25, 2007

Zibbibo

Zibbibo, one of the 20 best American restaurants voted by Gourmet magazine's readers

Zibbibo was one of my project cases. According to my team, this restaurant was great. So we went there to convince the manager to give us an interview. We expected to have some nice treats when we were there. Services were good. The general manager was nice (I forgot his name). But they did not serve us food... At least I saw what Zibbibo was.

I told Totof about this project. He suggested to try Zibbibo. Why not? My team seemed to have high expectation on Zibbibo. I wanted to see why.


We spent a weekday night there. Zibbibo had high ceiling. The high ceiling made the restaurant looked spacious. The wood-based
decoration and steal pipelines were quite modern. The big painting attracted me much. I would like to have this kind in my living room. We were brought to a table closed to the private room. The private room was isolated by glass. So you could still see through, either from inside to outside or from outside to inside. The private room had its own sky light. The sky light made the private room bright. I guessed the interior designer would like to take advantage of the sky light. The designer would like to have the light to go to the main dinning room as well. The private room was therefore partitioned by glass.

After we sit down, I noticed the background music was Jazz.

Menu was simple. We decided to take one salad, one appetizer, and two
entrées. I could not remember the names since the first visit was in 2005. The vinaigrette was specially matched to spinach based salad. We had grilled rib eye steak and a seafood dish (we either ordered grilled Atlantic salmon or halibut) as entrées. The rib eye steak was sliced before it was served. The portion was elegant. The grill level was just right. The inner part was pink. Baby pink. The pink seemed to tell us "eat me". The steak was marvelous.

After
entrées, we were close to 100% satisfaction. Should we order dessert to make the satisfaction higher? We still asked for the dessert menu. We ordered soufflé (the name might not be this). It came with Gelato. I ordered some espresso to go with. Totof was fine with dessert without a drink.

We knew why my team had such a high expectation on Zibbibo after the dinner. We were on their side too.