Friday, November 9, 2007

8 AM meeting symptom

8 AM meeting is a pain in the neck

The pain grows when you know you are going to meet some tough people. My 8 AM meeting symptom varies. This time, I suffered from yesterday. I did not have a good appetite. I could not join friends to F & A in Palo Alto. This morning, I needed to get up at 7. No matter how reluctant I was, I needed to get up and leave my warm blanket alone. I needed to put water on my face to wake myself. I need to get my hair right so that those old gentlemen would not make fun of me (these tough people like to tease me and they think it is fun to do so.) Right, I also needed to water my roses (roses looked as sleepy as me.) I did not eat any breakfast. I went straight to work.

The traffic was good. I arrived 10 min before the meeting. I saw my manager. She was on the phone. I was hesitant to knock her door. Maybe I should just call in instead of walking across buildings to cold myself (Foster City is quite windy). I was so sleepy. I went to the kitchen to get some hot tea. Did not work. Still sleepy. As time approached 8, my heart beat increased.

I knew my mind strongly against this 8 AM meeting. I called in. Right, only two gentlemen were on the bridge (this term is widely used in my company for a conference call). I recognized one person's voice but not the other. I called the wrong name. Shisky. How could I anticipate HIM would be there?

8 AM meeting. You saw how director level people managed or manipulate small potato.