Thursday, November 8, 2007

AUDI or LEXUS

Test drive experiences

Test drives are fun. Totof and I went to three different dealers, 1 Audi dealer and 2 Lexus dealers. We tried Audi A4 and Lexus 250.

Audi A4
Audi was and still am one of my favorite brands. We went to Anderson Audi in Palo Alto. At that time, they only had a few A4s available. We tried a smoky one. The outside looked luxurious. The front bumper area looked gorgeous. But, the interior disappointed us. We had a friend who got an A4 (same model) in 2004. His car's interior was exactly identical which meant Audi had not changed A4's interior for 4 years.

I drove. Neither I nor Totof appreciated A4's horse power. We did not feel its power at all. Besides, Anderson's sales was quite lame. He was not enthusiastic in talking. He even gave us a wrong brochure after the test drive.

Lexus 250
We went to Stevens Creek Lexus first. I had seen 250 many times. Still, I felt wowed when I saw it in front of me. The exterior attracted me a lot. The car looked sexy. The interior was elegant. Its elegance and luxury were implicit. What I liked the most was its safety design. Lexus 250 had 3 air bags.

I drove. The car was quite powerful. We could feel it. We liked the sport design gears. We also liked Lexus put the gear control around the steer area. We felt like we were playing Arcade.

Next week, we went to Fremont Lexus. We picked a black car. It was around afternoon time. The weather was hot. We were surprised to discover another Lexus design: Lexus used tech to reduce the heat absorb so that driver and passengers were not overwhelmed by the heat at hot days.

This time, Totof drove. The laid-back style of our sales astonished us. He did not come with us for the test drive. Basically, he just gave us the key and let us play around. How nice.

Conclusion
Overall, we preferred Lexus 250 than Audi A4.