Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A thought

To make our life comfortable, we demand more and more alone time.

It seems inevitable. My life becomes more and more regular. On weekdays, I stay at home after work. On weekends, I have some nice meals and play video games with friends. Sleep is something essential on my weekend plan of course. Because I need to charge myself in order to have a fresh week after the weekend. The number of friends that I am keeping in touch drop a lot compared to several years ago. Is it because I become lazier? Just because my work exhausts me and I prefer having some alone time rather than having two or three reunions with friends at my leisure times.

The fragmented free time constrains my life. I cannot meet all of my friends. So, the interval between this meet and last meet for the same person becomes bigger and bigger. Is it true to everyone? I spoke with some friends and realized that not just me has this situation. I guess the work fragments life. To make our life comfortable, we demand more and more alone time.

Is it a drawback to be a grown-up? You tell me.