Friday, September 5, 2008

Hey oh yeah so long

The sleep was so long. Last night I have a great than ever sleep. In which sense? In a sense that I have a 12 hour sleep. Really? Correct. Not on purpose. I forgot to set up my alarm. I woke up once this morning and thought time was still early so I went back to sleep without checking the time. I laid on the bed comfortably and wondered how come this sleep feels longer than usual. I checked my cell phone and oh no. It was 10:16 already. I supposed to get up at 7:30. I have three meetings in a row from 10. So doomed. The worst thing was that I did not bring my work computer back. I did not have the extension numbers with me. So I was not able to call the meeting attendees that I would be late. I quickly changed and left. I drove fast on 101. Of course I called my manager first. Left a long message to reschedule a meeting. Then I called several other people and hope I could get a hold of someone. Guess no one really recognized my cell phone number. I redialed and got a person. Got two other phone numbers and if you happened to drive next to me and you would see a girl drove with one hand, held a phone with the other, busy dialing, driving, looking around in the car, pressing buttons, talking, and checking the road condition. When I arrived, I heard someone called my name. Strange. I parked my car in another building on purpose (I was ashamed to park in my usual building?) In addition, the time I arrived was abnormal. It was impossible to bump into any acquaintance at that time in that building. Oh, it was my favorite manager. I was surprised to see her and she was surprised to see me as well. We chitchatted a bit. Then I hurried up heading myself to a person's office since I was so late. Then surprisingly that person told me to come back at 11. Apparently she got my voicemail and moved the meeting. I was so embarrassed. I returned to my office. I was restless and yet felt so fresh. Thanks to the 12 hour sleep, my mind was not in a messy mode. I quickly decided what needs to be done and started spending my short morning running around buildings and checking emails. Hey oh yeah so long the sleep and so short my morning.