Friday, September 5, 2008

Quick sand organization

That organization must be a quick sand. Quick to go in but hard to get out. Suck out all your energy and leave you at the bottom and you then will be suffocated. That organization was once the one I was thinking to go to. Until this noon. At noon I had a lunch with my favorite manager. She told me an shocking news. She wants to leave. She is a strong woman. Sharp and firm. Easy going in a way. She moved to that organization some months ago. I met her new boss and I know what makes up in that big organization. She should have a bright future in that organization. How come she wants to leave? After 10 min I knew why she made this decision. I felt sad for her. She lost some confidence. The person sitting across me was not the person I used to know. I knew something must have happened during the past 7 months. She helped me grow and I am so grateful that I had the chance to work for her. When I worked for her, we barely had a chance to have lunch together. After she moved on to that organization, we became more like friends. Not a boss direct report relationship any more. I was sad to see a torn her. She looked traumatized. We continued chatting and exchanged our thoughts. I suddenly realized that organization is a quick sand organization. I may have a bright future. But would the trying be worth it?