Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bummer

I was happy to place orders to get the living room project done. This morning, I received an email from the online shop so I contacted them. The answer was not fun. They told me my receiver does not come with US warranty. But I recall at the time I checked out, the screen said I will have a full year warranty. The sales explained that the company has a policy which supersedes the saying. He was trying to have me to purchase an extra protection plan. No way. This selling is a really bad one. I don't like to be forced to buy something which does not make sense. If the screen says something, then you should not have a hidden policy somewhere. I don't think many customers pay attention to read through the policies not shown right next to the order. It is a cheating action. Thus I asked the sales to stop the order. I will not buy any goods from this store.