Monday, November 17, 2008

Spamalot

Before going, my friend told me that this Broadway show is fun and yet not for every one. Some people love it while others dislike it. Herself loves this show a lot. She knew I was considering this and Mary Poppins. She suggested if I want to play safe I should try Mary Poppins since she was not certain which group I will belong to. I picked Spamalot. I luckily found a discounted ticket online for this show. The original price is 145 which is not for everyone. I was skeptical to the website selling the discounted tickets. The site looks quite cheap and unsecured. So the strategy was to arrive at the theater early and get the ticket along with a printout. It would generate some hassles. Yet, it was wise to do so. On Saturday, I left my friend's apartment around 10 which was quite early since I was apparently suffering from the jet lag. I planned to visit MOMA and then go to the theater district. My heavy luggage dragged my schedule. Not many people would walk around in NYC with a big bag I suppose. I had to do so for some reasons. The luggage hurt my shoulder and yet I still insisted not in taking the subway. I wanted to see this city, use my eyes to remember this city, experience the heaven and hell together NYC, refresh my sluggish mind, and see the people. The stroll did not disappoint me at all. I enjoyed the stroll very much. Both shoulders hurt but my will and the joy alleviate the discomfort.

After a long walk, I arrived at the theater. I recall I was on 44th st some years ago. Felt excited. The cashier man was nice and got me a good seat.

The show was very fun. I laughed all the times. The show was accented with British accent. Story line was simple. It was about the King Arthur and Holy Grail. The show was from the Monty Python group. If you saw their movies before then you know their style. The singing part was quite nice too. The jokes were not hard to understand. If I, an foreigner, can understand then you should get them easily. This show tops my Broadway show experiences. If you wanna have a laugh with a high quality performance, Spamalot can be a choice.