Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving recipe I

First and foremost, I wanna share my turkey recipe. I modified the online recipe. The outcome was - a pure awesomeness. The turkey was not dry at all. Juicy and tender. The skin was crispy. Although the preparation took time and efforts, I was quite happy to cook that 17 - 18 bl turkey, especially when I saw smiles from my guests.

What I used
- A fresh turkey
- A chopped carrot
- 2/3 bottle of lemon juice
- A chopped yellow onion
- A package of fresh rosemary
- Several bunches of fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil

What I did
- Cleaned the turkey especially the cavities and arm bits, dried it inside and outside with napkins
- Inject the lemon juice into the cavities
- Let the turkey sit for 5 min
- Applied the salt and pepper both inside and outside
- Let the turkey sit for 5 min
- Applied the olive ail to the outside, massage the turkey at the same time
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Adjusted the turkey and ensured the turkey was breast down
- Sprinkled salt and pepper generously
- Opened the bottom cavity and put carrot, onion, rosemary, and mint in
- Opened the top cavity and put rosemary and mint in
- Used the turkey's neck skin to close the top cavity
- Casually put the rest of the rosemary and mint around the turkey (e.g., around the thighs, wings, arm bits)
- Put the turkey inside the oven
- Cooked for 2 hours (no heat reduction)

The turkey looked super gorgeous after 2 hours baking. The skin was crispy. The smell was nice and not overwhelming. I was worried if I put too much rosemary and mint. Not at all, I think the amount was just right. The meat was unbelievable. Guests told me that this turkey was by far the most juicy one. I was flattered. Thanks to this online recipe I was able to have a perfect turkey debut!