Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving recipe III

A hot soup is always a brilliant idea for cold weather. I have longed for having a good carrot soup for years. Well, a comparable one to my memory. I had a very good carrot soup three years ago in France. Since then, I have been looking for a good one. Perhaps, I can make a good one. I told myself. It could be a good idea, perhaps. I looked for it online and found this recipe. In my memory, the soup has a ginger flavor. Not sure if I tasted any leek flavor. Hesitant to replace the leeks with ginger cubes. Well how about keep the way it is at this time?

What we used for 6 people
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 cup2 chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks

What we did
- peeled carrots and sliced them
- cleaned leeks and sliced them
- used the food processor to finely chopped sliced carrots and sliced leeks
- melted the butter in a pot
- put carrots and leeks in and raised the heat to medium
- cooked about 10 min
- put chicken broth, salt, and pepper in
- brought the mix to a boil and simmered it for 30 min or until the carrots become soft
- mixed the heavy cream and egg yolks and put the mix in
- cooked about 2 min
- tasted the soup
- used the blender to smooth the soup

The result looked perfect. Of course, the soup was tasty. A not heavy soup goes well with a good dinner. It warms people's hearts and bodies.