Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Brawta

This place has stylish decoration. Exotic type stylish. Something I haven't seen in California. Perhaps it is because the style is more Caribbean. Many wood carvings. Bold color paintings. I could see the passion through the decor. Kind of tropical. I couldn't stop looking around to appreciate this little restaurant. My friend told me there are many Caribbeans in New York. A Caribbean place is not quite special. If you walk around, you will get dozen of them in blocks. True, something normal for New Yorkers. Well, but for me, a Caribbean place is special. My friend brought me to this place since this is her favorite Caribbean place. I am glad to dine there. This New York trip introduced me many new things and gave me much excitement. The Caribbean dish, the cupcake, the pastry, and the performance are the main contributors to the excitement.

My friend said somehow the taste of the Caribbean meal reminds her of Taiwanese food. It's intriguing. She said the chicken dishes are the best in this place. So I ordered a pineapple chicken. She wanted to try something new so she ordered a lamb. She was right. Despite the looking, the tastes are similar to Taiwanese style meals. The late night, I was busy immersing myself into the joy of the dinner and the place.