Friday, March 6, 2009

Slow

I am a slow person. This is what I realized six months ago. That doesn't mean I am patient. It was just a conclusion based on my past. It seems when all others have already known what and how to do things, I am still looking around with a blank plan. I am slow. You know some people they always respond quickly and wittily. You know some people always have plans in mind, always know what should do next at early stage. You know some people they know what questions to ask. You always come across many of these who start thinking early. I am not one of them. Good or bad, no answer. Lots of my friends are like these already-know-everything people. I sometimes envy them. They are like oracles. They know what to think in high school. They know what to pick. They start to prepare the GRE and TOEFL at senior year at college. They start to look for jobs before graduation. They know what fields to go to, they know what questions to ask, they know how to plan their career, they know what route to go in their life, they know what is good for them, and they make themselves successfully. I am slow enough to not notice actually my friends are doing some important plans when they say something to me. I just not get it. Silly me. I am a pure listener. So many these examples I found out. I guess people are all unique. Some people are fast. Some people are slow. I know I get different fun as who I am. I cherish the excitement and joy. The problem I see here is that I am impatient. So it's hard to bear with this "slow" characteristics. I feel uneasy when I know I am late... Nothing here to compare myself to my fasttrack friends. I am just having "here it goes again" feeling - I am late. I want to catch up. I want to fulfill gaps. See, It took me a while to notice I am slow at something. Once I have known it I speed up and try hard to get myself on board. That attitude, may need to be replaced. I think. By enjoy-your-unique-blessing attitude :p