Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bloom!

Surprise! I have these mini roses for two years. I at some point didn't think it would bloom again. This thought was enforced by another friend. I was told the mini roses are hard to bloom again. Someone even suggested me to toss the mini roses. I didn't want to. I love plants. I admit that I don't have a green thumb. But I believe that I can still do something. I can learn and try my best to maintain the plants, to make them happy, to make them thrive. For the past months, I have tried various ways to revive them. I thought about them a lot. I went to get a bigger pot. I looked online on how people transfer plant. Managed to get a small portion of the yard clean and planted few roses there. That time didn't plant all mini roses to the garden, because I was unsure if the way we transferred and replanted roses was correct. I've done research. But you know, paper work and practice sometimes have gap. So I just selected three units. Initially the picked spots were not good. Too sunny. The roses were burned by the sun. I was worried. I got help and moved the roses. Since then I closely watched the mini roses. Few weeks ago, my plants were attacked by unknown white insects. I could sense my plants were suffering. I felt so sorry. Some parts of the plant were covered by the insects. Seemed the plant was eaten alive. You see, how cruel it was. Got a specialized spray. Applied water and spray everyday since the insect outbreak. The plants really appreciate my attention. The plants look better and better with time. The insects were disappearing. The amazing part is that I saw something. It seemed to me that the roses got a new life. Few days ago I saw mini roses bloomed. Wow what a surprise!