Thursday, December 27, 2007

Golf

Winter is not a bad time to practice golf

Never thought I would play golf in December. I went to practice my skills in Christmas eve. The range was unexpectedly crowded. Guess it was due to the warm weather. The temperature gave you an illusion that you were in the autumn time. Not windy. Warm. Such a nice time for golf.

I warmed up myself. Then, whacked my first three balls. For some reasons, I like to group balls in 3. Each time, I just wanted to have three balls within my view. The first one was ok good. But not the second or the third. I tried another group. More. More. It seemed like my swing was not fixed. Sometimes I got a nice hit while other times I hit the ball too short.

I noticed two seasoned people sitting on the bench. They were talking. After my 5th group, one seasoned people stopped by. He told me that my mechanics were good but my head lifted when I swung. That was why my hit was not fixed. When my head moved, my body position changed so that the pivot of the swing got changed. He suggested me not to look at where the ball went. But he told me that the first few balls after I fixed my head would not be too good, I needed to be prepared.

I tried to fix my head. Indeed, the first few groups were not too wonderful. But, after these groups, BANG, I got something. I was able to apply the techniques that Earnie told me before. And, one, two, three... More and more nice hits. I was satisfied when I finished my basket.