Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Xbox 360 or Wii

I long for Wii ever since its launch. I never got a chance to own a Wii since it is always out of stock in the bay area. Few days ago friends said they wanted to sell their Wii. The info came just at a good time. I just re-engaged myself in my living room project. In this project, projector, amplifier, and a game console are the foundation. With the foundation set, I can go ahead to planning the sofa and windows coverings. I before just assumed the game console would be Xbox 360. Reasons were simple. PS3 is good but its features are not for me. Wii is attractive but I don't want to fly to Mid West to get a Wii. Another issue with Wii is its resolution. If I get a Wii, then I will need a DVD player to ensure the image quality. So, it sounds like the only game console that fits my needs is Xbox 360. I thought so and never doubt this assumption. But things come to surprise me sometimes. I got a DVD player at an unplanned chance. And now, a Wii is just few miles away. Xbox 360 and Wii are tied now. Need some advice, perhaps both technical and practical advice.